Portfolio Manager - 6 month+ contract - Brooklyn, NY
- Collaborate with Lab as a Server Operations Manager and local Lab Manager to ensure that the lab is operating at a high level and that client is meeting and exceeding service level requirements.
- Monitor and ensure service catalogue and established business processes are being fulfilled.
- Identify gaps and enhance business processes bringing efficiency, reducing expenses, and upholding a controlled and efficient operation.
- Provide financial reporting and forecasting to Lab Management and client's Management.
- Manage onsite personnel. Provide leadership and guidance to ensure effective and efficient operation.
- Work closely with client's Product team to ensure client product is producing deliverables that meet and exceed client requirements.
- Provide regular reports of vendor issues to client's vendor management team.
- Host/attend conference calls with vendors/client.
- Review and approve invoices
- Review vendor resolution notes and oversee staff in providing client with close out documentation (daily)
* Review deliverables including device install/decom, hard drive documentation, RMAs, site surveys, triages, and asset inventories (evergreens) prior to being sent to client.
* Follow up with vendors as needed on incomplete deliverables.
* Follow up with technician and vendor on unsuccessful work orders and update client accordingly
* Complete incident management reports when needed and follow through with vendor management.
* Provide quotes for lab initiated projects and see through completion
Years and Type of Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in data center operations and management
- Vendor management experience required
- Strong project management skills in infrastructure and solution implementations.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes
- Well-seasoned project management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player and ability to multi-task
- Preferred background with investment banking
- Attention to detail, results oriented, and delivery focused.
- Ability to identify gaps and enhance business processes bringing efficiency, reducing expenses, and upholding a controlled operation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite specifically Power Point, Excel, and Project.
Job Status: Full Time