Regional Technical Representative - 3 month+ contract - Charlotte, NC
Trade Street Consulting has been asked by a client to assist with locating a Regional Technical Representative for a 3 month possible contract to hire opening located in Charlotte, NC.
Please provide updated resume in Word format, current location and desired compensation if interested in the role.
Regional Technical Representative - 3 month+ poss RTH contract - Charlotte, NC
Position Description: The Regional Technical Representative will be the primary contact for interaction with third parties. They will be the public face of COMPANY in this region. The mission is to provide the best possible positive experience for any third party when interacting with COMPANY. They will identify needs and issues, provide information in response to inquiries about products and services, handle and resolve complaints, and assist in the provisioning and execution of services. Regional Technical Representative will also provide "gate-keeping" services to Engineering and Back Office personnel. The role includes but is not limited to maintaining a positive ‘can-do’ attitude while answering telephone calls, e-mail, and chat sessions on a timely basis, discretely handling confidential information, and following up with third parties on a regular basis even when there has been no obvious change in status.
Optimism and a sense of humor are essential for this role. Candidates must be poised, bright, energetic, and possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
The employee will provide technical support and customer service to COMPANY non-technical staff and COMPANY clients. This involves approximately 70% remote & telephone support. The remaining 30% will be split between dispatches for on-site work at client locations and providing hands on technology services for equipment in the COMPANY operations center. This individual is expected to be familiar with a wide variety of business environments and have the ability to troubleshoot complex problems that include a combination of hardware, desktop, network, and end user elements. They must be able to determine when an issue needs to be escalated or handled as a priority case.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing remote and onsite user/systems support & administration for COMPANY and COMPANY Clients
- Engineering solutions and participating in technology projects for COMPANY and COMPANY Clients
- Ensuring proper documentation regarding all client encounters and support calls
- Participating in on-call, late-shift, and night-shift rotations as needed
- Dispatching to client locations for onsite support
- Creating internal and client-facing documentation
- Following up with issues to guarantee an excellent client experience
- Taking on special projects as needed
- Providing a daily status report with observations to help manage relationships
- Provide first line and ongoing communication with new, potential, and existing third parties (customers,
- Performing other duties as assigned with partners, and vendors to guarantee the best possible experience when interacting with the company
- Build rapport with clients to ensure they know the company will make every available effort to provide satisfactory and excellent resolutions to their requests
- Deal very politely and patiently with customers who may be upset, irate, frustrated, or under pressure
- Open customer accounts and maintain them by gathering and confirming all relevant information
- Maintain and update proper records of all client transactions, sales, complaints, orders, cancellations, and any other activities that have taken place, and to ensure a proper follow-up as and when required.
- Maintain knowledge of products, services, pricing, and similar data, as required to answer product and service questions and suggest products and services which may benefit the customer.
- Clarify customer need, urgency, and the scope of any issue or opportunity, then address it or expedite transition to the most appropriate resource.
- Work closely with Engineering and Business Operations to:
- Maintain the flow of communications with clients and between internal groups
- Maintain and update all contact information to ensure timely and appropriate escalation of any open or ongoing question, concern, or issue as needed
- Facilitate identification and engagement of the appropriate internal resource to best address the client query
- Provide timely resolution to the customer queries, and ensure that the problem does not occur again.
- Follow up to ensure proper resolution and client satisfaction on all issues
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Undergraduate degree
- 3 years of corporate experience preferred
- Vendor-side sales support preferred
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn and contribute to a high energy team
- Excellent communication & time management skills; demonstrated attention to detail
- Even-tempered extremely professional demeanor and the ability to represent the company to clients as well as at trade shows and events and still bring a sense of humor and the ability to have fun when working with peers
- Experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Technical skills and exposure to the following hardware: HP/Compaq/Lenovo Desktop/Laptop/Netbooks, Android and Apple smartphones and tablets, HP Proliant Server Hardware (all DL and M models), HP Network Printers, Print Servers and Multi-function devices, APC Racks, Rack parts and equipment, Battery Backups, and Software
- 3-5 years extensive business support experience with
- Microsoft professional desktop operating systems
- Office suites up to and including Windows 10 and Office 365/2016/2013 (MAC)
- MS Project, MS Visio
- Remote support tools such as: RDP, LogMeInRescue, Webex, RealVNC, TeamViewer
- Hands on experience with phones, tablets, and laptops with Apple, Android, and Windows
- 2-3 years of experience in administration and support for Windows Server, Active Directory & Group Policy, DHCP, IAS/NPS, WSUS
- Internal & Public DNS
- Microsoft Azure and O365
- Windows Power Shell and shell scripting a plus
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Server or Citrix platform
- Microsoft Exchange server 2007/2010 Administration & support
? Design and implementation a plus
- Current experience implementing and supporting
- Office365 and Azure
- Windows 10 deployment automation, remote access and support
- Solar Winds Orion implementation & Administration
- Familiarity and comfort with at least one enterprise class service desk & ticket management solution (TrackIt, Altiris, Remedy, Etc.)
- Familiarity with anti-malware programs (including but not limited to: Malware bites, AdAware,
Spybot Search & Destroy, HiJack This,
- Must demonstrated the ability to problem solve and manually remove malware
- Basic network and firewall skills, routing, switching and wireless configuration and support required including general connectivity (wired and wireless) troubleshooting, IP configuration, name resolution, local host firewall configuration, etc.
- Microsoft and Cisco basics required
- Sonicwall, WatchGuard, Checkpoint a plus
- Exposure to Cisco VoIP a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing) with the ability to handle different client "personalities’, understand, interpret, and respond to client queries in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ability to perform under pressure while showing patience and empathy, and not let work pressure reflect on the way you deal with the clients
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- A general technological savvy, superior organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve, identify and resolve conflict
- Persistence, resourcefulness, drive and ability to work proactively
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun in productive atmosphere
- A team player with the ability to document and hand off tasks
- General computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (word and excel in particular) combined with good typing speed and computer navigation skills
- Ability to multi-task with professionalism and effectively handle the pressure that comes from dealing with a number of customer queries one after the other, or, at the same time
Job Status: Full Time