Assistant Production Manager
Responsible for supervising all aspects of all production lines and production support areas. Analyze production specifications and plant capacity data to determine the most efficient use of processes, equipment, and production staff. Assist in Planning daily/weekly workflow and production schedules to support on-time shipments to customers and adequate inventory levels. Work with purchasing to order needed materials/supplies to support the production schedule. Demonstrate respect, honesty, inclusion, and safety.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan production to ensure acceptable efficiencies, fill rates, and finished goods inventories.
- Monitor and supervise all aspects of assigned production lines/employees.
- Communication of safety/quality/production information with line leads and line lead communication with other production staff.
- Responsible for the training of new employees.
- Communicate production/equipment problems with appropriate managers.
- Responsible for first pass quality and to assist QC team in monitoring quality of finished product, case product labels, pallet quality, palletizing of product, and wrapping of pallets.
- Follow & enforce company safety, GMP, behavioral rules, & other policies in the employee handbook.
- Knowledgeable of job requirements for all positions on production lines.
- Responsible for recording, correcting, and communicating problems with safety, quality, or issues brought to your attention by hourly employees.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Significant experience in production processes
- Supervisory experience in a plant setting. Food experience preferred.