Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for sales activities related to establishing new client accounts, as well as the growth of existing accounts. They will be responsible for the engagement, cultivation and maintenance of the client relationship.
Position can be located in Charlotte, NC or Raleigh, NC
Position requires an individual with excellent organization and communication skills as he/she will be working with people from all levels of the organization and prospective clients. Incumbent must have a willingness to learn and grow with the business and possess natural sales skills. Ability to close sales with companies. Individual must be flexible in work schedule to accommodate business needs which will include frequent evening and weekend work. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- 4 year bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years’ sales or business development experience, and must also be extremely comfortable with cold calling
- Experience as an account manager a plus
- Ability to multi?task in a fast-paced work environment and handle multiple work assignments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of services offered
- Highly motivated and energetic with natural sales skills
- Experience in making cold calls to perspective new clients
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Will be responsible for sales activities including the growth of existing accounts as well as winning new account business.
- The Director of Business Development is responsible for the engagement, cultivation and maintenance of the client relationship.
- Responsible for studying potential client volume to focus on sales
- Develop sales presentations for potential clients and present to close the sale
- Negotiate with client to establish appropriate bill rates, contract terms and fees
- Set, meet and exceed client expectations throughout the hiring process
- Work daily with the in-office, dedicated team to ensure delivery on client needs
- Work closely with the team regarding activity, follow up, lead generation, preparation and retention throughout the process
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, services offered, etc.
- Responsible for keeping management informed of sales activity by submitting activity and results reports on a scheduled basis
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify potential clients by attending job fairs, expos, Business After Hours events, etc.
- Work daily with the dedicated recruiting team to ensure delivery on client needs
- Work closely with the team regarding activity throughout the process