Director of Engineering and Maintenance
One of largest independent asphalt resellers in the United States. The company operates a total of 33 terminals in other cities in six states. All the terminals are located near major interstates for quick and efficient access. Delivery trucks support the company’s sales and also haul many different petroleum products. The company is community oriented and allows their employees to volunteer in several capacities. The organization strives to ensure employees earn a competitive salary and health benefits plan.
The Director of Engineering and Maintenance works across the Business Unit with all departments and the entirety of the company’s portfolio of assets leased and owned. The Director of Engineering and Maintenance is the tip of the spear and ultimate decision maker for asset integrity, standards, Sustaining/Maintenance and Expansion. In addition to oversight, and management, the Director of Engineering and Maintenance also has responsibility for the deployment, discipline, and accountability of the budget which is in excess of $18,000,000 annually. Additionally, this position is charged with establishing, managing, and enforcing engineering and maintenance standards across the business unit.
Features and Benefits
- Competitive package including relocation, base salary, bonus opportunity designed to result in long term value creation resulting from the achievement of business goals.
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance and short term and long-term disability
- 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will interface with executive management, technical staff, customers, third parties. director, regional, and terminal level management. Coordinates and interacts directly with service providers, equipment suppliers, design and engineering service contractors, electrical, mechanical and construction contractors as well as state and local agencies (as required for permits and expansions), etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering. Master’s degree a plus but not required.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) a plus.
- Managerial experience in the petroleum or construction industry
- Experience managing relationships and permitting processes with State and Federal representatives and other regulatory agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Auto CAD and Preventive Maintenance Systems a plus.