Director of Infrastructure & Software Development
The Director of Infrastructure and Software Development (DISD) is a leadership role accountable for the successful delivery of software and IT support infrastructure for the organization. Managing a team of developers and IT infrastructure specialists, the (DISD) will work closely with the Senior Vice President, the Director of Ops and Engineering, and other members of the Senior Leadership Management Team in order to deliver software and IT services that meet user and end customer needs. The (DISD) will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic software and IT architecture vision, security and leadership.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for company.
- Lead and manage the Software Development and IT Infrastructure teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that meets the needs of users.
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team.
- Work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on software development activities.
- Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development projects.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure.
- Working closely with the Senior Leadership Management Team with the aim of meeting current and future user needs.
- In conjunction with the Network Infrastructure Engineer, define and maintain the IT technology strategy and infrastructure plan.
- Research the external environment, and where appropriate identify and recommend external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for Foot Levelers applications.
- Reviewing and applying said best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy.
- Collaborating with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company’s products and services.
- Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built.
- Ensuring that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Manage Microsoft domain services to include, Office365, Active Directory, SCCM on Window Server 2008-2016 operation systems.
- Must have experience with VMware components to include, ESXi, vCenter, vSan and Horizon platforms.
- Manage L2/L3 Cisco Meraki network infrastructure with clear understanding of PoE standards, VLANs and VLAN tagging.
- Oversee the Management of the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center and Virtual Office VoIP systems.
- Performs the job functions of the HIPPA Security Officer:
- Setting up, managing and implementing the Security Rule safety measures and any HIPAA Rule changes.
- Incorporating IT security and HIPAA compliance with the business strategies and requirements of the organization.
- Addressing concerns associated with access controls, business continuity, incident response and disaster recovery.
- Company security awareness, which include employee training in conjunction with the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Performing risk analyses and audits - particularly on Business Associates.
- Looking into data breaches and enforcing actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of internal and external IT support systems.
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business.
- Responsible for his/her own work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Senior Vice President.
- Report to and meet with the Senior Vice President at a minimum of once per week.
- Communicate and ensure engagement of organization technology strategies internally and within the company user community.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the software development team and across the organization.
- Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning and monitoring of the Software Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the above teams. Staffing, Management and Resources.
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development and IT teams are consistent with its technological and business needs for providing quality in present and future services.
- Establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all Software Development and IT staff in line with any anticipated growth.
- Provide support for all staff in keeping with the Company Values.
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures
- Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Software and Infrastructure teams and companies goals.
Education, Skills & Knowledge:
Educated to degree level or equivalent Essential
B.S in the field of computer science or equivalent experience Essential
Project Management qualifications Desirable
Strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle Essential
Familiar with more than one software development methodology Essential
Excellent written and oral communication skills Essential
Outstanding interpersonal skills Essential
Understanding of databases (including relational databases) Essential
Knowledge of Amazon web services and standards Desirable
An understanding of the handling of large data sources Desirable