This is a skilled position that installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains all electrical equipment and systems.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctioning circuits and calibrates control systems used throughout the plant.
- Willingness/ability to climb and work at heights.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Troubleshoots various machinery and parts using a variety of test equipment such as oscilloscope and multi-meter.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices. Replaces and lubricates electric motor bearings.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Assists engineering or other departments in the development of new ideas and experimental work to improve products, machinery and methods. Assists in large equipment installations and modifications.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Follows all Operating Procedures (OP's) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) required by ISO regulations where applicable
- Completion of Electrical Apprenticeship program, Associates Degree or Trade School
- Certificate in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Computer and PLC troubleshooting skills, knowledge of AC/DC variable speed drives.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
Contact Donna Smith for details and consideration at email@example.com or call 540-314-8649