Infrastructure Project Manager - 6 Month contract to hire
The Project Manager reviews the prospect’s needs and wants for the product/services offered and works with system engineers and the sales team to develop the right solution. Candidate will provide accurate and timely project estimates/quotes to the sales team that support the detailed scopes of work outlined in Sales Proposals, RFIs, RFPs etc.
Client recently received a round of funding for remediation infrastructure projects. Candidate will be deploying the global security and investigation standards to remote telecommunication and main equipment room sites throughout the globe. The majority of the work is in North America while globally there is monitoring & reporting that is taking place with projects in Latin America, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Client has a cage in the data centers throughout North America and they need to improve the physical access security in these colocations as well.
Seeking someone with solid IT infrastructure experience and good communication skills; they need to be an influencer with their communication skills. Candidate will be working on a security uplift involving the implementation of new card readers, cameras and devices to protect their technology rooms. Candidate will be tasked with coordinating cable puller teams & security teams. Experience managing networking and structured cabling resources is required.
- Regular weekly project status reporting in accordance with PMO standards and compliance with PMO Project Delivery Performance Metrics (Weekly reports, Financials, Actual vs budgets, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of banking regulatory, compliance, risk and security aspects
- 5 years’ experience managing complex medium to large projects across multiple locations .
- Knowledge of Building Security systems and experience working with Security Technology vendors
- Gather relevant site details in order to create the scope of work including equipment.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams
- Provide complete project engineering, selection of applicable materials and estimating labor. Write scope of work in response to bid specifications.
- Act as liaison between and meet with sales, project management and operations when project is turned over for installation. Monitor that the sales price and actual installation costs coincide.
- Provide accurate takeoffs and cost estimate per Company’s recommended solutions book and technical support personnel.
- Ensure that all estimating work meets the customer and company quality and safety level at all times.
- Meet bid schedules and deadlines, working within a very strict timeframe.
- Attend and complete job turnover meetings as required to cover all details and expectations of project as they were estimated.
- Review and interpret project bid specifications.
- Review & edit detailed scopes of work & product details in Sales Proposals
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Create requests for information (RFIs)
- Review product estimate and system design with sales department and other key internal resources.
- Gather information to determine proper system components from internal and vendor resources
- Build vendor relationships and negotiate quotes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Disciplined work ethic
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, able to help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects/estimates and present a high level of organization.
- Must know how to read construction drawings and do device take offs
- Experience being an influencer with your communication skills
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- CAD and Tigerpaw experience a plus.
- 3 – 5 years technical experience with electronic security, IT and/or low voltage systems.
- Prior field-based installation or project management experience
- Structured Cabling industry experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the company.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- RCDD preferred, but not required.
Job Status: Full Time