Infrastructure Project Manager - Contract to Hire - Manhattan, NY
Client is seeking a Project Manager to act as a critical team member of the Client Delivery Team serving our clients as the point of contact on assigned IT Infrastructure projects. They will perform a variety of project coordination duties including the project start up, planning, execution, and close out phases of infrastructure related projects following clients proprietary methodology and platform.
- Oversee and ensure client network hardware refreshes are successfully executed.
- Co-location experience; familiar with site access requirements, and working with onsite support technicians (Equinex, Level3 Digital Reality)
- Plan Router upgrades and provide details technician scope of work in advance
- Plan Circuit migrations and communicate technical details (cable matrix) to local support technicians
- Identify areas of risk in existing client technology environments on initial site assessments prior to proceeding with upgrades.
- Experience Project managing field technicians. Ensuring they are fully prepared and properly equipment to interface with the client and complete the assignment.
- Must be familiar with Cisco network equipment.
- Must be familiar with copper and fiber infrastructure.
- Must be available to monitor after hours network migration calls.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- PM I 2 – 3 years of experience
- PM II 4 + years of experience
- PMI or PMP is preferred
- Must be highly organized and efficient with getting things done.
- Must be resourceful and think things through with little direction.
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time (30-40 a month/5-10 concurrent at once)
- Knowledge of MS Product Suite, Visio and Project management tools
- Knowledge of infrastructure cabling and products
Job Status: Full Time