IT Infrastructure Manager - Direct Hire Opportunity - Charlotte, NC
IT Infrastructure Manager – Direct Hire Opportunity – Charlotte, NC
- Manage the delivery of infrastructure and end-user support to the Specialty Materials business. Define, monitor and manage to agreed service levels for IT service delivery.
- Lead a team of IT professionals by understanding business priorities and align resource and efforts to achieve business results
- Drive customer-focused improvements for infrastructure services, help desk and end-user support.
- Develop strategies for on premise and cloud-based implementations; architect the infrastructure design required to deliver systems capabilities to the business.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business applications, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of environments.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and standards for deployment and maintenance of IT landscapes; develop & maintain IT procedures, and monitor compliance to policies and standard work.
- Evaluate cloud and server technology, software, and protocols in support of delivery of IT capabilities to the business.
- Apply lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles to delivery IT services; develop standard work and monitor compliance to defined processes to ensure quality of service.
- At least five years' equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAAS and cloud-based solutions.
- Working knowledge of Toyota Production System, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in data-driven process improvement for delivering IT services to business partners and customers.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining IT hardware including desktop, SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Certifications in ITIL, Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing are preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
- Proficient in IT service delivery, service request / help desk management
- Oracle, Maximo, etc. experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of at least 5 of the following: VMWare ESX, Netapp SnapVault, SnapMirror, Windows Server technologies, Windows 7 and XP, RedHat, Linux, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Proxy, Apache, ASP, or XML.
- Advanced knowledge of systems development life cycles methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN as well as Active Directory.
- Root-cause analysis
- Customer-focused process improvement
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management and prioritization skills.
- 4-year College Degree
Nice to have Experience
- Certifications in server virtualization technologies, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft Active Directory are a plus.
Job Status: Full Time