On Site Production Support Technician
Matik is a leading distributor of premier European equipment for the converting, printing, packaging and security markets. We are proud of the strong customer relationships we have developed over the past 40 years supporting small businesses, large corporate customers and government agencies. Matik is known for our innovative technologies and dependable customer support.
Matik is a diversified, financially secure private company. We are the exclusive North American distributor for the brands we represent. The security market is growing rapidly and we are positioned to grow with it. Our customers want long term relationships and expect timely, professional support.
We are seeking a technician to provide mechanical, electric & electronic (mechatronic) production support for Lamination machines during the third shift at a secured facility in the Washington DC area. We are looking for an experienced technician to provide exceptional customer support at the customer’s site. The Production Support Technician will coordinate with the customer to provide immediate and ongoing technical support to their production personnel.
Join Matik and enjoy working independently for an industry leader. Grow your technical knowledge and career.
Location: Washington, DC
$60,000 - $80,000 plus benefit package.
Comprehensive Company paid Health Insurance + self-funded HSA account
Dental Care insurance, life and disability insurance
401k and profit-sharing plan
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of mechanical & electric/electronic service experience on printing, packaging or lamination machinery.
- Able to read mechanical, pneumatic and electric drawings
- Trouble shooting experiences via PLC, experience with B&R a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Card lamination experience is an advantage
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to pass security clearance required
- German language skill is helpful but not required
- United States citizen
- Able to Spend 6-8 weeks training at factory in Germany