Our training utilizes a variety of delivery methods including online help features, printed materials, in-person training, e-learning, and webinars. The Principle Trainer will be integral in the development of all resources, contributing technical writing skills in support of help documents, guides and handbooks, system text, training courses, and web pages if needed. These skills and support will facilitate training sessions from the inception of the program of instruction to delivery and evaluation. The Principle Trainer may also collaborate with business liaisons, system business analysts, testers, and developers to ensure seamless system navigation support through system enhancements.
- Maintain ownership of content development and delivery of training for areas of responsibility.
- Develop and enhance Training including, but not limited to, development, delivery and maintenance of course content with visual aids to engage trainees as well as develop training aids, handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia courses and visual aids, computer tutorials, and quick reference guides, reporting on course attendance, completion rates, and test scores.
- Create page-specific help documents, process guides, and various supporting material
- Administer Cornerstone (Learning Management System), including but not limited to, course creation, online testing, course completion reporting, assigning coursework, and suggesting courses and etc.
- Utilize training best practices in the development and delivery of training.
- Maintain internal communications i.e. the CORE and the display boards with up to date information and weekly HR Happenings updates.
- Administration of Blue Ocean Brain including, but not limited to, adding and deleting users and editing records as needed.
- Standardize materials developed by staff or vendors to incorporate appropriate style, messaging, and content updates
- Maintain a Style Guide and ensure consistent use across the platform and supporting documentation
- Provide and/or review content for system instructional text
- Draft and/or review operational and training language for mass e-mail communication, webpages and alerts, surveys, and system messages
- Review content and material for self-paced eLearning courses
- Create recorded demonstrations of system processes and functionality as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Degree in English, Communications, or Technical Writing is a plus, IT background preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing technical documentation
- Experience developing system-based content
- Experience in insurance industry or its regulation a plus
- Write user guides that adequately define a technical process from requirements in a manner consumable by non-technical user groups
- Interpret descriptions of requirements for enhancements and identify necessary resource updates
- Demonstrable public speaking/training skills
- Manage resource libraries ensuring ease of access and currency
- Work in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders to identify and discuss issues
- Work in fast paced environment managing multiple projects driven by multiple deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Work collaboratively with management and team members
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Experience with Camtasia, Captivate or Vyond
- Experience conducting technical training preferred
- Ability to think and plan strategically for organizational success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.