Product Engineer - Full Time - Detroit, MI
Product Engineer - Thermal Acoustics
This position is responsible for technical leadership and technical support on a product basis, with an emphasis on acoustic performance. The engineer is tasked to identify product application issues derived from technical specifications, customer requirements, drawings and from general application knowledge and to engineer potential solutions, incorporating products, to be communicated through detailed technical proposals and presentations. The engineer will lead regional product engineering activity and ensure proper design for function methods are employed to meet customer performance requirements while interfacing with other engineering teams on feasibility and industrialization.
Keys to Success:
- Ability to work with Product Development, Sales, and Customer to solve Thermal Acoustical challenges
- Acoustics – must have acoustics background
- Deep understanding of sound absorption
- Must have strong fiber processing experience
- Should have experience working with automotive the leading automotive companies
Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, and minimum of 5 years of automotive engineering experience demonstrating technical problem resolution involving thermal and acoustic physics
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards and practices for testing and measurement as applied for the quantification of thermal and acoustic attributes
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills necessary for internal as well as external customer contact.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Well organized with good time management skills and ability to work independently. Demonstrated software skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
Job Status: Full Time