Program Manager - 1 year+ contract opportunity - Charlotte, NC
Program Manager – 1 year+ contract opportunity – Charlotte, NC
Program Manager formulates, organizes and monitors the inter-connected projects and cross-project activities for COMPANY and the Client. Responsible to manage all aspects of multiple complex projects from inception to conclusion. Provides the strategy, objectives and plans for COMPANY projects including providing leadership, guidance and direction to the technical team. Serves as liaison between COMPANY, the Client and the technical aspects of projects. The Program Manager plans the project stages and assesses the business implications for each stage. Responsible to continuously monitor the progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. The Program Manager assures that procedures are documented and transitioned to ensure satisfactory ongoing operation of the implemented system(s)/application(s).
Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As the point of contact on assigned projects, performs a variety of highly skilled duties such as: assembling, coordinating and managing multidisciplinary technical review teams.
- Facilitates and troubleshoots the myriad of problems associated with developing complex systems or with coordinating and development, and design projects.
- Provides highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Responds to inquiries about projects.
- Chairs various project review and pre-submittal meetings.
- Establishes and maintains liaison as required with COMPANY and the client.
- Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Performs project design for Business Intelligence projects.
- Coordinates schedules of staff and other interested parties.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Develop or update project plans for Business Intelligence projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Identifies plans and conducts evaluation of information related needs and recommends the project management approach for the project or program.
- Assures that any concerns, problems or identified mistakes that require correction are completed in a timely manner and that action items are resolved prior to project completion.
- Maintains effective lines of communications and relationships within all stakeholder groups/impacted areas including but not limited to: COMPANY, Client, team members and other Client Partners as required. Provides input on the assigned project members performance to their management.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participates in professional organizations.
- Enhances COMPANY reputation by accepting accountability for delivery of assigned projects with quality; and by exhibiting professional behaviors set by COMPANY.
- Submits complete and accurate status reports and timesheets for all assigned projects and programs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience in a discipline related to the assigned area. Master's degree is preferred.
- Eight years of combined project management, program management, data processing and system analysis experience.
- PMP is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment on the Client site. Business Professional attire will be required 5 days/ week. No telecommuting allowed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position sometimes requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Job Status: Full Time