Security Engineer - Direct Hire Opportunity - Roanoke, VA
Security Engineer – Direct Hire Opportunity – Roanoke, VA
The candidate will work both internally as well as externally with clients in the industrial controls market to meet industry compliance requirements; such as NERC CIP and IEC 62443, and support other network and security related product offerings.
- Work on a collaborative team developing integrated hardware and software product solutions to meet customer and market needs.
- Support customer and product management needs by providing cyber security consultation and guidance.
- Provide research work related to internal or customer product development efforts.
- Draft white papers and other technical articles to support company growth initiatives.
- Create and maintain product, process and quality documentation.
- Act as escalation point for internal and external technical support needs.
- Participate in and support customer validation efforts including end-user customer acceptance tests.
- Travel as required to implement solutions, provide support and training.
- Cyber security professional with three or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of cyber security best practices, network engineering and design is required.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems is required; knowledge of Linux is desired.
- Computer programming, systems development, automation skills and scripting knowledge required
- Ability to pass a background check and US Citizenship or permanent residency status
- IT and Cyber Security certifications such as Network+, Security+, CISSP, GSEC, GISCP or SANS certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related or engineering field or equivalent education and experience.
Job Status: Full Time