Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Create and maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
- Work with customers, sales team and supply chain management to ensure ongoing forecasting accuracy and adjust proactively for business needs.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Gain knowledge of the company’s culture, products, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to demand plan in a rapidly changing and seasonal business environment
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong follow-up, follow through, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of cost reductions.
- High degree of self-motivation and self-discipline with a focus on achieving results.
- Working knowledge of the following commodities preferred:
- Industrial grade fabrics and microfibers
- Industrial grade polyurethane foams and leather
- Printed goods and packaging
- Printed Circuit boards and electronic components
- Steel Fabrication and small Machined parts
- Five years hands-on purchasing experience required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering-related field, preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certificate, preferred.
- Computer proficiency required, including Adobe Acrobat and MS Office: Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with demand planning, purchase order creation and item setup in a modern ERP system such as SAP, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Oracle or Netsuite is strongly preferred.
We are currently scheduling interviews: contact me asap. Donna Smith at email@example.com