Software Application Developer
Roanoke, VA 24011
This position will design, develop, implement and support custom in-house automation systems utilizing current version of Visual Basic.NET. This role requires a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. A key performance goal of this position will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
This position will report to the Director of Information Technology. This role will interface on a regular basis with employees, as well as outside vendors and suppliers.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Working closely with staff.
- Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects concurrently while meeting deadlines.
- Experience building VB .Net Windows and Web applications.
- Experience with SQL databases and using T-SQL Queries.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Contact Donna Smith at email@example.com asap-we are interviewing