Sr. Contract Administrator - Direct Hire Opportunity - Charlotte, NC
Sr. Contract Administrator – Direct Hire Opportunity – Charlotte, NC
- Coordinates contract review process with cross-functional teams from receipt through final closeout.
- Analyzes complex contract documents, forwards appropriate clauses to appropriate cross-functional departments for review and follows-up with such departments to ensure timely response in accordance with mandatory deadlines.
- Focal point for all communication with law, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications in accordance with contract policy and processes.
- Prepares rationale for contract modifications as a guide to facilitate negotiations between sales team and customer.
- Develops negotiation strategy for and assists sales team with complex contractual issues.
- Reviews solicitations and prepares routine and/or specialized (non-routine) response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure.
- Manages contract change control process.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Ensures flow of approval and execution of contractual documents in accordance with corporate and/or business unit guidelines.
- Works with internal sales team and customers on issues and developments relative to assigned contracts.
- Works with legal counsel to ensure adherence to and consistency with corporate policy.
- Provides status on contract documents in review process and expedites as required.
- Maintains software database to track contract review requests.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains contract records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- Communicates contract policy and practice as well as provides authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Conducts research to support contract audit and or facilitate business unit contracting trends as needed.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- May mentor and train less experienced professionals.
- Has a general understanding of the company’s business model and business terms to include pricing, discounts, freight policies, payment terms, rebates, etc. and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Minimum of 8 years contract-related experience or Juris Doctorate Required.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills required.
- Strong to excellent analytical, presentation, and leadership skills required.
- Ability to use independent judgment and creativity to resolve contractual issues required.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills required.
- Ability to negotiate complex, non-routine contractual instruments required.
- Ability to draft complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, and applicable public contract law and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software required.
Job Status: Full Time