SR Network Engineer
Responsibilities / Requirements include:
- Maintains data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans. Troubleshoot uUser and application access.
- Provides technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action. Provides technical leadership for data or voice network problem escalation and resolution. Monitor Service Desk Request queues and respond to incidents within established timeframes.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small to medium sized networks. Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBX), voice mail, and call management system, etc. for maintenance.
- Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Prepares routine cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
Skills and Experience Required:
Proficiency in Cisco IOS, NX-OS, ScreenOS, and JunOS (EX switches and SRX series).
- Data Center Switching standards (vPC, FEX, LaCP, RSPT, PVST
- MPLS VPN / VRF design
- QoS (both LAN and WAN)
- Advanced BGP, OSPF, and RIP proficiency
- VPN (both Site to Site and Remote Access).
- Layer 2 Troubleshooting
* Firewall Design, Policy Troubleshooting, Advanced NAT, Application Inspection