Systems Engineer - Direct Hire - Charlotte, NC
- Provide day-to-day support of multiple environments such as development, staging and production
- Must have experience designing/architecting server farms or environments
- Install, configure and maintain Ubuntu Linux and Windows Server servers, with emphasis on the Linux side.
- Install, configure and maintain virtualized platforms to include VMWare and SCALE Computing hyperconverged platforms
- Install, configure and maintain StorTrends, Nimble and NetApp SAN storage
- Ability to automate/script in some scripting language (Perl, Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.)
- Install and configure PostgreSQL and MS SQL databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, Finance, or related discipline, or 7+ years of direct system administrator experience.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, persuade and collaborate with team and peers.
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, A/V software, etc.
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux operating Systems, including Ubuntu and Red Hat
- Must have experience working in virtual environments, preferably Scale Computing and/or KVM hypervisor and VMWare
- An Ideal candidate should have experience with Hyper Converged (HCI) environments.
- Provide sufficient operating platforms (host servers, storage) as needed
- Ability to deploy initial database environments (MS-SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Monitor database backups, transfer offsite as needed
- SaaS, PaaS experience with AWS or Azure. P2C, V2C workload migration experience ideal but not required.
- Implement and adopt server security (hardening) best practices.
- Troubleshoot user connectivity, process management, log management, revise/extend databases, and manage backup scripts