Industry leading expert in providing high performance drive systems and services for numerous industrial markets including: Steel, Oil & Gas, Material Handling, Mining, Paper, and Cement with manufacturing operations in the United States, India, Japan and China. Company culture empowers team members ensuring collaborative business partnerships with its customer base while providing a wide-range of high-quality cutting edge solutions, as evidenced by their market recognition:
- Awarded the Most Outstanding Global Company of the Year Award in by Frost & Sullivan.
- 2014 Most Outstanding Supplier Award presented at Intersolar Europe
- Excellent Centralized Supplier Award by Shine Magazine.
Your role will be to provide tax analysis services to a multi-business unit, multi-entity, multi-currency driven global business.
- Ensure accurate and timely filings of all US/Domestic direct and indirect taxes in coordination with the external tax service provider. These include Corporate and State income tax, state sales tax and property tax
- Ensure accurate and timely filings of all Foreign direct and indirect taxes in coordination with the external tax service providers. These include income tax, GST and VAT
- Oversee calculations and tax provision done by tax service provider on a yearly basis of company and international branches
- Reconcile and analyze all tax related general ledger accounts on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Provide accurate estimates of tax expense for project proposals in foreign countries
- Coordinate with appropriate business unit personnel to ensure accurate and timely forecasted project tax
- Reconcile payroll taxes paid to the payroll tax returns files and the general ledger
- Manage USA/specific country tax service providers to ensure for accurate and timely completion of individual income tax returns in all relevant countries for company travelers. Oversee the tax equalization policy and coordinate with the relevant employees and payroll administrator for gross-up etc.
- Research and advise manager of opportunities to lower taxes through improved structure of international projects
- BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent via education and/or work experience
- 5 years of tax related experience
- Total of 7 years’ experience in accounting or finance at a professional level
- Working knowledge of ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Proficiency in financial module of ERP system
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with clients, suppliers, and other internal and external contacts
- Demonstrated successful and positive personal leadership, interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and communication skills
- Experience in a business with foreign ownership
- Demonstrated knowledge of foreign taxes with regard to business operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation and regulatory guidelines and their impact on business processes
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and project impact of multi-currency, multi-entity transactions on projects and G/L accounts, project costing.
Roanoke, VA is located in the beautifully picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. This area is home to some of the best hiking trails, mountain biking, rafting, boating, fishing, and historic attractions that the mid-Atlantic region has to offer. High quality schooling system K-12, many performing arts events, proximity to Virginia Tech and a downtown area with first-rate restaurants& entertainment. A great place to live and thrive and consistently ranked as one of the best places to retire and raise a family.
For more information or to submit resume, contact Donna Smith at 540-314-8649 or email@example.com
Job Status: Full Time