Technical Solutions Engineer - Contract to Hire - Charlotte, NC
Technical Solutions Engineer
- Work with the Sales, Product and Client Solutions Teams as the lead technical advisor for field service solutions.
- Participate in sales meetings, define/gather technical requirements and determine platform capabilities to best serve the client’s needs.
- Price statements of work, which include project-specific activities, deliverables and timelines for providing services to the client.
- Work closely with Sales to create Statements of work for new business and expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Prepare and validate cost estimates by analyzing floor plans, CAD drawings, customer related drawings and consulting with client contacts.
- Align the client’s needs with clients technical solutions through the discovery process.
- Provide the Platform Team with technical requirements to: customize client demos, create job completion forms and set up pilots for potential clients.
- Support the Client Service Managers and Service Delivery Managers to enable and extend customer adoption of the clients platform and solutions.
- Work with Sales to ensure prospective clients understand the full capabilities of the clients platform and services.
- Serve as liaison between customers and the platform development team to continually enhance our platform offering; Provide direct feedback and enhancement suggestions to the platform team
- Price and propose services for prospects and client expansions; develop and present Statements of Work, including working knowledge of standard terms and conditions of service, as well as the clients Service Delivery model.
- Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred
- IT field service and design experience
- Experience with RFP and bid processes to obtain optimal pricing and demonstrate financial analysis acumen to achieve profitable engagements (P&L analysis)
- RCDD certification preferred
- 8+ years’ supporting solutions engineering and value engineering scenarios
- Excellent Presentation, Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Proactive, demonstrated ability to take the lead and influence the outcome
- Passion for providing outstanding customer service
- Mixture of strong technical and interpersonal client-facing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as follow direction/instruction, as warranted
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office based programs. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Possibility of travel between 0-10% of the time
Job Status: Full Time