Telecommunications Manager - Perm Opportunity - Charlotte, NC
Telecommunications Manager – Perm Opportunity – Charlotte, NC
Responsible for managing the Telecommunications function including the workload and staff. Reporting directly into the Director of IT Communications, you will plan, organize, manage and direct the implementation and support of telecommunications projects and systems at COMPANY. You will work closely with our Telecommunications Engineering Team to deploy and manage telecommunication services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, test, plan, implement and maintain global VoIP telecom infrastructure; Provides the most appropriate technological solutions for voice technologies in the Call Center environment, Supply Chain locations and Branch operations to maximize quality and minimize cost.
- Manages the support for moves, add and change work on all Avaya VoIP Telecommunications platforms in corporate, remote locations, and contact center environments.
- Provides System Administration, Report Creation, Design and Customization of Daily Reports for all telecommunications systems.
- Maintains AT&T Routing Plans enabling changes of Toll Free routing of any Branch or Call Center calls using AT&T Route-IT.
- Works closely in supporting COMPANY’s internal and external customers specifically Call Centers, Customer Fulfillment Centers, Branch location associates and management including all support departments.
- Manages the associates of the Telecommunications team towards efficient operations, in support of all internal and external customers. This includes the creation and management of performance metrics for all systems supported.
- Provide engineering and support for COMPANY’s Polycomm Video Communications systems worldwide.
- Provide strategic lifecycle planning of equipment, including both hardware and software components; budget as appropriate.
- Conducts regular team meetings and reports the status of all support and project tasks to the IT Communications Director in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Manages the execution of all telecommunications technical changes within the established IT Operations Change Control rules, regulations and processes.
- Engages in resource project/task scheduling for the Telecommunications team.
- Creates, updates and maintains documentation and policies for Telecommunications systems.
- Maintains log of communications related trouble occurrences.
- Provides project direction, technical assistance and guidance to all internal customers including team members
- Develops and maintains a corporate wide telecommunications infrastructure strategy, ensuring maximum up-time, required performance and support for new technologies.
- Assists IT Communications Director to develop telecommunications vision as it relates to infrastructure, tools and applications.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of an COMPANY Manager including hiring, termination, review and development of associates.
- Establishes and maintains up-time standards and monitoring procedures.
- Manages budgets which include monthly variance reporting, forecasting and ensuring that invoices are properly approved and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Fosters the COMPANY Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of COMPANY’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years Converged Telecommunications experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of personnel management experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing voice technology in a multiple Customer Contact Center environment is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Avaya Session Manager experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Avaya Aura Messaging experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Avaya IP Office and Avaya Gateway experience is required.
- Proven experience running multimillion-dollar P&L with detailed reporting and the ability to trend and forecast growth.
- Candidate must have experience working in cloud technologies and can provide best practices in how to operate within the public cloud arenas.
- Minimum of 5 years of Avaya Avaya SIP Gateway experience is required.
- Strong, demonstrated experience with the following core Avaya technologies:
- Avaya IP Office
- Avaya Communications Manager
- Avaya Session Manager
- Avaya Aura Messaging
- Avaya SIP Gateways
- Avaya Aura Call Center Elite Multi-Channel
- Strong, demonstrated experience with Polycomm video conferencing technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork traits; adeptness in working in close cooperation with all levels of the organization; ability to build solid working relationships across functional boundaries; the capacity to work through difficult issues in an effective, pragmatic fashion and to negotiate with tact and persuasiveness; ability to foster strong internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to leverage new and existing technologies in and innovative creative ways to meet ever-changing needs of our rapidly growing business.
- Analytical and complex problem-solving skills; troubleshooting, incident management and root cause analysis for system-wide issues.
- Proven ability to drive results in oneself and others; ability to manage time, resources and priorities; develop plans, work through adversity and consistently meet deadlines and produce effective results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively in all business relationships and various levels of management in a clear and direct manner.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word is required.
- Good customer service/satisfaction skills are required.
- Troubleshooting skills are required.
- Effective oral and written skills are required.
- Effective personal time management and organizational skills are required.
- Understanding of professional business principles is required.
- Contract negotiation skills are preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Visio is preferred
Job Status: Full Time